Education Hour 9:00 AM, Worship Service 10:30 AM
Kingly Counsel Back to all sermons
Date: April 8, 2018
Speaker: David Steele
Scripture: Deuteronomy 17:14–17:20
A Template for Trusting
I. THE QUALIFICATIONS OF A KING (Deut. 17:14-15).
A. GOD ORDAINED CHOICE
1. God must ____________choose the king.
Lesson: God is _______________________.
Explanation of Sovereignty:
Extent of Sovereignty:
II. THE BEHAVIOR OF A KING (Deut. 17:16-20).
A. FOUR BEHAVIORS
1. He must not acquire many ______________ for
Lesson: _____________ on God.
2. He shall not acquire many _________ for himself.
Lesson: ______________ in God.
3. He shall not acquire excessive silver or gold.
Lesson: ____________ God.
4. He shall live according to the _______ of God.
Lesson: _____________ yourself to God’s Word.
III. A TEMPLATE FOR TRUSTING
A. THREE PRINCIPLES
1. Commit yourself to the ________ rule of Christ in
2. Commit yourself to daily ___________ with Christ.
3. Commit yourself to living according to God’s